Friday, January 1, 2010

the worst decade, yet not too bad...........

2010. new year new decade. 
at 7:30pm last night i realized this was the begining of a new decade, not just a new year. then it hit me, 10 years have gone by and man it was a crappy 10 years!!!!!
2000 started off with my nervous breakdown, 2001, 9/11 which needs no explanation. 
2002, my grandmother gets sick and it became a race to see how long we would be able to keep her alive. 2003, a mix of emotions. my sister gets married, i meet ace, i got the lucky puppy, break my wrist, loose a job, and grandma passes on. 
you would think that at some point things would get better. no. 
2004, my dad gets sick that summer and passes away that fall. during this time i too am getting sick and not having a clue that i am. 2005 finally something good happens, i married the love of my life, we become homeowners and that's all the good that could come out of that year. thinking back, i realize now the homeowner thing blows.

the bad and trust me the bad, my grandmother anne passes away and so does my cousin. they died within weeks of each other.
so far minus a couple weddings, and lucky, this decade is not going well. then lighting strikes. i am no longer getting sick, i am sick. for the next year we try to figure out why i am sick. 2006 does not get any better, my uncle austin passes away too that thanksgiving.
i remember the wish i made that new years. i wished for 2007 to be better and i would find a way to get well. funny thing, that was the one wish that came true. 
2007 i found help of a good doctor who had the good sense to go the right test, and a baby who i knew would not be there the next year.

as 2008 approached i could only help for better and prepared for the worst. the best and only good thing that came out of 2008 was the birth of my adorable little nephew. 
things looking up here, as so i thought, no we get hit with the worst recession ever. home loans get foreclosed, banks tank, the dow is doing things that have been not seen in years,  prices go up, my sister looses a job she worked so hard for,  and the military is still in the wrong place. did anything amazing happen to me that year? nothing good. 
2009 had happier moments not a lot but some. my family is healthy and safe, jacob turned 1, i turned 40 and came out of it without a problem, and i finally had a vacation with my husband. 
of course this was also the year of deaths of icons. partick, farrah, walter, the kennedy clan loose 2 people with in weeks of each other, and let's forget, michael jackson. not that he really rates on here but since i did grow up listening to "thriller" respects are need here.
even the economy was still taking a noise dive and ends still do not meet. our govenor rod, fucks up life for the state of illinois, his replacement is an ass bag and we loose more money to taxes while the state does a lavish election party for their home town president.
this was all i could think about last night as the clock slowly got to midnight, this is what i posted on my facebook page.

out of this decade only a few great things have come. a great husband, a lucky puppy, my nephew, a brother in law, my health slowly restored, and new and old friends. happy new year to everyone!!!

the last 10 years have been a learning experience. i learned to take responsibitly for my actions, became an adult and realized you can not change the past but you can change the future. 

will i ever look back on the last 10 years with fond memories? only some, forever this will be the worst decade. i am thankful to still be alive, but still selfish enough to want my family back. 

happy 2010!



 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment