Saturday, April 30, 2011

long time no see......

ok friends, i am back. long time no blog i know. i hope you can forgive me for being very laxed in this area of life but i have reasons for not being on here for a LONG LONG TIME. 

part of the problem was what i like to call the great laptop crash of 2011. one saturday night ace was doing his normal let's annoy me thing. as some of you know it is a weekend ritual. i like peace and quiet and he is loud and a pain in my ass. don't get me wrong, i do love the man but sometimes i feel like i am taking care of a 35 year old child. anyway he came downstairs after watching some war movie on tv. now for him watching a war movie is never good, he gets way too caught up in it. why? beats me. i don't ask and to be honest, don't give a crap either. so he comes down and starts playing tug of war with lucky who is sitting next to me and the laptop. i said a dozen times not to play near me and the laptop. i asked, i pleaded, i even threatened his life and i was still ignored. well one thing led to another and between both of them they knocked the power cord out of the wall. you can guess what happened. 
i should have rebooted the damn thing and closed it out like a normal person. however, i didn't. instead i screamed at ace and world war 2011 broke out. we tossed out lots of verbal abuse, i tossed anything i could find at his head and well the fight soon ended with me sending him to another part of the house. 
the next day he knew i was mad but wasn't sure why so he treaded very carefully around me. i never went near the laptop all day because i knew deep in my gut there was a problem. finally ace asked me if i could check something on line and i said sure not a problem. at that point he knew something was up but still did not say anything. i, on the other had, with the fake smile started to power up the laptop. 
i powered it on and proceeded to wait for the opening screen.... 2 minutes... 5 minutes... 8 minutes.... 10 minutes.... finally i get my opening screen. now for someone of you friends reading this, you know where this is going. yes houston we have a problem. 
ace looks at me, then the screen, the back at me looking like he is not sure if he should talk to me or not. i will give him credit, he kept his trap shut and asked no questions. 
with that i shut it down. 
the next day i spoke with some tech geeks i know. i told them what happen and all said, i was in big trouble. i was given tips how to fix this but let's face it i am  no tech geek and needed a quick fix. after trying their ideas i gave up and called the nice people at dell. 
dell was great. they discovered my laptop was virused out (if that is a real term) and the only solution was to wipe it clean. 
had i known that, i would have written down my bookmarks and passwords. but a lass, i had no time nor the dinero for this either. i had to make a choice and fast so i agreed to a wipe out. i lost all my pictures of lucky, my family, my nephew, bookmarks and passwords. 
i did manage to burn most of the pictures to a disk a few weeks before this, so all was not totally gone but it was heartbreaking. so was the $250 i had to shell out (could not really afford). i made not have made bill gates richer but i sure made dell happy that night. 
so in the end, i got my laptop back but lost my blogging password and of course my blog for a while. ok a long while. shout out to one of my best friends on earth and the best blogger i know, dingo, savannah and lily bean's mommy!!! with out her, i am not sure i would have ever found my blog!!!!!
now when i am asked my ace to look something up, i can say, "i can't. the site was lost in the laptop crash of 2011." funny thing he is still  not sure how it happen but knows it is all his fault. i take comfort in that! 
until next time......



2 comments:

  1. It's ALWAYS their fault. Even when it's not their fault, it's their fault. And when it really is their fault, they need to pay for it, like, repeatedly.

    We ♥ you! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww!!! i <3 you guys too!!!!
    it is his fault, will always be his fault and will forever be reminded of that fact. the punishment never stops. i do it daily and enjoy it!!! bwahhahaha!!

    ReplyDelete