Saturday, May 22, 2010

babysitting- omg!!!

i know i have not blogged anything in a while. mostly because i have had nothing interesting to write about until now.
a few weeks ago my sister asked me if i could babysit my nephew. my mom would be there too and all i really needed to do was entertain the little one until he was asleep then i could leave. i said yes and was looking forward to it. my mom would stay until my sister and brother in law got home. now for me, this is a schlep since i live 80 miles from downtown chicago. now she would have mom do it all but since she has a lot, and i mean a lot of stairs in her house and mom does not do stairs, i was it.
when i got to my sister's house and she opened the door i was greeted with a smile and a very happy "aunt miss". my nephew knew who i was and said my name. ok it was close to it but let's face it my name is not easy to pronnouce when you are 2 yrs old. i should know since i could not do it at his age either.  so we got upstairs and my nephew takes my hand to show me all his new toys, his buddy elmo and anything else he can think of.
since it was dinner time we sat down while he ate his. he looked so cute sitting at the table in his booster seat feeding himself. i have to say at 2 years old, he does a good job with out spilling food all over the place. it was getting close to the time they needed to leave so my sister and i go upstairs to my nephew's wing of the house so i could see where everything needed for bedtime was. first it's the diapers. which ones for night time, then the pj's, the the stuffed animals or the posse as i call them. then finally the bedtime stories.
next thing it is time to for the rents to go. note to parents, just tell your child you are leaving. let them know you love them but mommy and daddy need some "them" time and that you guys will be back. saves the person watching your child 30 minutes of the screaming that will follow.
so after the screaming fest, going up and down 4 flights of stairs 4 times ( i did. not joke)
i put on elmo and sesame street and he sat down with puppy and panda to watch. my nephew was calm.  the rest of the time went well. we watched it together, we played a little more, then while he was watching tv and in a good mood, i was able to get a video of him talking, laughing and enjoying our time together.
all too soon it was bedtime, 4 stories later, my little angel face was out like a light.

babysitting was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment